Ciara Adams and I will run a writing+sounding workshop in Toronto next month. Details below!
On August 12, 2007, Decadent Rare and Theatre Commutiny will present VOCABLE, a multidisciplinary arts workshop facilitated by Ciara Adams and a.rawlings. We will share warm-ups and creation exercises we use to develop individual and collaborative art. This is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your curiosity, creativity, and passion.
Participants will be invited to engage in writing exercises, breath and voice work, and improvisation. Open to anyone aged 18+.
Workshop material will explore:
- the importance of warm-up in literary, theatrical, sound, and movement-based practices;
- how body awareness and being present can benefit the creative process;
- how to harness improvisation and collaboration as creation tools;
- writing exercises, voice and breath-control technique, and interdisciplinary vocabulary development;
- blending art forms to create dynamic work, with an emphasis on innovation and invention;
- focus on the body as a primary starting point for creation.
DATE: Sunday, August 12, 2007
TIME: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LOCATION: The Theatre Centre, #100 – 1087 Queen Street West
TO REGISTER OR FOR INFO: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. 50% registration fee due before workshop to confirm participation.
NOTE: Wear comfortable clothing for light movement. Bring writing journal and pens/pencils with you. We will have two ten-minute breaks and an hour for lunch.