i haven’t spent a great deal of time in front of my own computer this week as i’ve had a torrent of activity around me.
- tagaq and kinnie starr played lula lounge monday night. tagaq was such a powerhouse of inspiration, deeply connected to a palpable sensuality in sound and movement. zoilus has a spunky review of the event. i attended with jason and conor, met up with sandra and meighan. we’re so in love with tagaq.
- did i mention jason? yes, i did. jason christie’s in town for a week! tremendous. he’s stayed with us a few days, and it’s been so lovely to see him. he’s performing slumber with conor and me tonight; we’re spending the day gathering pop-o-matic lights and mosquito netting.
- i finished the two-week northview heights teaching gig on wednesday. an emotional good-bye! i have two instant anthologies as a memento, and the most beautiful card with comments from many students. i know i’ll see many of them in the future, so that is heartening.
- books veering towards printers at mercury! so busy! new intern! woo!!
- read at live poets series (ryerson) with sandra alland on thursday evening. i’m so glad i’ve met sandra and that i have the chance to hear her read her work so frequently. i have a visceral reaction whenever i hear her poem, “at the party.”
- after having susanna hood’s work recommended to me by three separate, wonderful people, i finally caught her new piece “loveloathing” at dancemakers. YES! resounding and shivery yes. if you’re into sound poetry, you need to see susanna’s work.
- the discovery of david khang, aural ecstacies of tagaq, and animorphic bodily collisions of susanna hood = a week of seriously wonderful a.raw research.
- TONIGHT: nuit blanche!! will this grand tdot experiment work? will folks attend? i’m in zone a, u of t’s school for continuing studies, 1am, as part of NIGHT BULB. do come!